Friday, October 9, 2015

The one before the one


 Phew.

That’s actually the only word that there is to describe what I’m feeling right now about the past few weeks. Phew – they are over, and I’m left over here, a delightful mixture of exhaustion, delight, lethargy, anxiousness, and excitement.

We’ve had a fabulous rest of our September since the last time I’ve caught up with you all. We had a baptism for our precious nephew and godson, Liam. We celebrated our two friends who are about to get married. We had house guests. We celebrated our second wedding anniversary. We went to my cousin Andrew’s wedding in Shreveport. We built a firepit. We had a surf n turf party with Charles’ boss. We got a new washer and dryer {yes, I had to throw that in there, my laundry takes me NO time at all now..} But most of all, Charles and I enjoyed the last bout of summer side by side.

But those things are in the past. Let’s talk about the future…

It is now October, and I couldn’t be more thrilled. October to me signifies the start of a season where everyone is happier, where the weather is beautiful, where I start baking, where football is in full swing, where smelling my hair and having it smell like a bonfire is actually a good thing..

This October brings Charles’ TEN YEAR RUINION. Yep. Count ‘em. Ten whole years has passed since his graduation from high school. We didn’t graduate from the same high schools {or even in the same year…} but I have to admit, I’m pretty excited about this weekend and the upcoming festivities. We have some of our out of town friends that Charles graduated with staying with us this weekend, and I have to say, I think I have a few fun activities planned {stay tuned for that next time!} I will give you a teaser though – our house guests will be getting homemade crockpot cinnamon rolls, and Saturday morning, there may just be a Mimosa Bar and a Bloody Mary Bar involved…Mimosas for the girls as we plan our girls day, and Bloody Mary’s for the guys as they get ready to golf. We don’t have house guests a lot and I’ll have to admit – I love playing hostess. I’m not sure what it is..maybe it just makes me feel grown up.

I am very excited to bring you next week’s edition {I’m hoping to have so many photos and fun stories from this weekend to share with you – it will be a reunion / how I prepare for house guests segment..stay tuned}

Let me share some photos of the past few weeks to hold you over!













No comments:

Post a Comment