Wednesday, July 22, 2015

On my Radar..


Well I’m back again for my 6 month check in!

That’s what it seems like anyway. I haven’t exactly been the best at keeping up and checking in lately. I don’t mean to be this way {and by this way, I mean sporadic in my blogging} but life keeps getting in the way! I’m really trying to make a conscious effort to get back into the habit of regular check ins. I feel like something is missing when I’m not writing about something anything {and if you’ve read any of my previous posts…everything}.

So what was I up to last time? Scrolling through my last post, it looks like it was right before Valentine’s Day as well as right before I hosted my sister’s gender reveal party at my house.

WOW. I can’t won’t even try to find the words to describe the whirlwind known as my last few months. {I said I won’t try to find the words, but I didn’t say I wouldn’t show you via pictures…} That being said, I will be posting some “rehash” pictures at the end, but I figured I would do a segment on “What I’ve been loving lately.” Can this be a wonderful transition post before my next post about what is happening in my life in the present? We’ll see {I do love something to aim for….}

Let’s get right to it:

»   Library Cards. Enter back with me to, approximately, 15 years ago. I was always amazingly in love with reading. Reading by the pool. Reading in bed with a cup of coffee & pj’s. Reading with a flashlight {light’s out is no joke, thanks mom}. Then IT happened. Yes, I’m talking about becoming a teenager. Friday nights meant movies with friends and listening to music, talking on AOL Instant Messenger with my boyfriend, trying out new makeup…the list goes on. Then I grew out of that phase {Lord, help} and then something ELSE happened. Yes, college. Between working and going to college full time, the only books I was reading were textbooks. I have now been graduated from college for 3 years {Hallelujah, thank you Jesus} and I’m finally getting back into the reading swing. But books aren’t cheap, y’all! Enter the library card. Here’s a few suggestions for you: Sparkly Green Earrings, The Antelope in the Living Room, & The Devil in the Junior League.

»   Organizing anything {and everything..} Y’all. It’s as if I’m pregnant and nesting. I don’t know WHY I have been feeling the constant need to organize everything I can get my hands on. My house thanks me for it, so I guess this I don’t really care why this has been such a love of mine lately.

»   Oversized sweaters in statement colors – Particularly loving mustard yellow, burnt orange, and wine colored sweaters..and booties..and jewelry..It’s not even fall yet and I’m already lusting over fall everything. I have to literally talk myself out of putting fall wax in the scentsy burner. I think it has something to do with when they start putting out school supplies, I go into fall freak out mode. {I will wait until football season, I will wait until football season…}

»   Farmers markets – It’s been so much fun walking around farmers markets in the mornings and trying new, fresh food. Not only do you get greater portions of the food for a fraction of the price, the quality is top notch. Charles & I have been having too much fun thinking of all sorts of fun, healthy recipes to create with our farmers market finds.

»   The Bachelor / The Bachelorette – I realize that I’m late to this party, but guys. I’m hooked. Yes I realize it’s one of “those” reality shows, but I can’t help it. It just keeps pulling you in. Nothing quite like sitting in your pj’s drinking wine, & watching 18 girls cry in the span of an hour or two. Genius.
»   Classical Church Music – There is a Pandora station that I have been LOVING lately and it’s called “O God Beyond All Praising.” I love listening to it when I am particularly anxious about something {a musical Xanax, if you will..} and I even like to listen to it at work while I’m working on a project or have a few spare minutes. This is primarily an instrumental version of church music {not Christian radio music, think church music, old school style – As the Deer, It is Well, Be still my soul, Jesu joy of man’s desiring…} Do your soul a favor and have a listen.
If anyone is reading this and you have a new obsession, send ‘em my way.

 
And now what you’ve all been waiting for…I know, the suspicion, the intrigue..A few photos to document my last few months.
We had a gender reveal party at my house {because y'all know how much I love to be the hostess!} My sister was going to have a sweet baby BOY!


We went to a motorcycle rally with great friends..

We got pictures taken by the fabulous Erin Wilson.

We partied for baby Liam!

We Lake Ouachita'ed all over the place.

We were blessed with a new niece, Tess!

WE WENT TO HARRY POTTER WORLD!

We fell more in love.

We became Godparents to sweet baby Liam.
 
That's all...until next time.
"You can't litter negativity everywhere and then wonder why you've got a trashy life"

No comments:

Post a Comment