Wednesday, October 14, 2015

It came and it went


 Tired doesn’t even BEGIN to describe how I’m feeling after this weekend.

Currently I’m sitting typing this blog, in a warm room, with a cozy cardigan, and I’m about to sleep on the keyboard. Not the pretty, feminine type sleeping. I’m talking about the face down, drooling on the keyboard, ugly sleep. Perhaps the key is to take off the cozy cardigan and turn the air down to like, 32 degrees, and then maybe {doubt it} just maybe I will stay awake.

I’ll make no promises.

Not even this ice cold coke is helping.

It all started on Friday. If you remember from last time, I mentioned that Charles had his ten year reunion coming up. It came & it went {along with my sleep..} and we didn’t waste a single minute. After working all day Friday, I went straight to the local farmers co-op to buy some hay {pictures to follow…} for our bonfire. I ran to the grocery store to grab a few things {when company comes into town, you’ve gotta make sure you have the important things like water bottles, granola bars, toothpaste, haha} and then rushed home to spot clean and get my hair / makeup done before the festivities.

Since Charles had a lot of out of town friends in, we decided to get everyone together at a locally owned {and kind of absolutely} incredible Guatemalan restaurant called Rolando’s. After the roughly 20 of us ate, had a few drinks, and chatted for a few hours, we all went back to our house for a {wait for it….} bonfire! I can’t believe it’s starting to be about that time. It was also the first fire we made in the new firepit, so we were thrilled to get to share that moment with our friends from near and far. We may have gotten a tad carrier away, because we had friends over until 5 in the morning. Yes, you read that right, 5 in the morning. Who do we think we are, 21 year olds? It was an absolute BLAST.

I woke up at about 7am the next morning {I know, two hours sleep, WHY} and started some crockpot homemade cinnamon rolls, which, I might add, were delicious. I then started assembling our absolutely huge very small but still amazing mimosa and bloody mary bar! The guys were going golfing that morning / afternoon, so I thought mimosas would be great for the girls before our day and bloody mary’s would be the perfect send off for the guys before their golfing adventure. The guys went off golfing while the girls sat on the patio catching up. We then went to lunch at a local restaurant with a nice patio {if I didn’t mention how perfect the weather was last weekend, shame on me, because I should have, and it was}. The guys met up with us on the patio of JJ’s after they golfed and we had a few drinks and enjoyed the weather until it was time to get ready for the reunion.

We got to the reunion which was at one of our favorite places here in town, 21 West End. Although I didn’t graduate with Charles’ class and I didn’t know everyone there, it was so much fun to see him interacting with people that he used to hang out with when he was younger. It was a sight to see! After another quite long night, I woke up way too early, but it was nice to grab a blanket and a hot cup of coffee and sit on the deck, enjoying the peace and quiet on an extremely chilly morning while the others slept {some until noon…}. As a send off for all of our friends who were staying with us, we all went out to eat at Pho Vietnam. Now I know that this place isn’t named “the hangover cure” but it might as well be, this food is absolutely amazing and always makes us feel better.

Now the work week is back upon us, and I have so many fond memories of this past weekend. Our upcoming weekend isn’t going to be nearly as exciting, in fact, I have nothing on my docket, but I’m looking forward to that.
I’ll send you off with a little photo love!

A few of the girls at dinner Friday night!

Cuddling by the fire on a hay bale under a flannel blanket..this is what life is meant for.

My attempt at a mimosa bar / bloody mary bar. I think it turned out pretty well for just whipping it up on short notice!


4 hours on a patio on a beautiful day..can't beat that

SHS reunion 2015!

Hay bales around the fire pit. I just had to do it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment