Friday, September 11, 2015

And that's a wrap


Labor day has come and gone, and with that means another summer {and another lake season} have come to an end. If I stopped long enough to think long and hard about it, I would probably become pretty upset with this fact – because I do love some summertime – but before I can get too beat up about it, I think about how excited I am for fall.

Oh, by the way, yes, today was the first official day that the Pumpkin Spice Lattes are out. Walk Run to get yours. {Yes – I did get one today because a sweet coworker brought one to work for me – and I like mine with two pumps of toffee nut, so check that out!}

All I’ve wanted to reflect on lately has been how blessed I have been. I’m sure this is a constant struggle for most people, but do you ever just look around and become at peace about your life? I sure do, and lately, more than I ever have. I’ve seen a lot of heartache and loss this year, more so than in past years, and while I could use this time to question my faith and how God could let these terrible things happen to such good people, I’ve used the time to focus my energy towards being thankful to God over the immense blessings He has bestowed me with.

I have two adorable nephews, a precious niece, wonderful parents and siblings, in-laws that love and accept me, the sweetest and cutest Dobermans in the world, a job that I enjoy going to every day, and last, but certainly not least, a husband that means everything in the world to me.  

The following bible verse has been coming into my mind lately {I’m sure you’ve heard it!}:

 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

If I replace the word “Love” and enter the name “Charles,” I find that the verse I am reading is true. Charles is patient. Charles is kind. Charles does not envy, Charles does not boast, Charles is not proud. Charles keeps no record of wrongdoings. Charles does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Charles always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. This is how I know I’ve found the man for which I am meant to spend my entire life.

I’ve always felt that I’d found my match, my person, in Charles, but lately this feeling has been overwhelming. Maybe it’s because we are approaching our 2nd wedding anniversary later this month, or maybe God is just working in mysterious ways, but I have a feeling of peace about our future. It truly is well with my soul. Maybe all the sorrow and heartbreak I’ve seen lately was meant to happen to teach me the significance of the greatest blessings that I have right in front of me.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment